Friday, March 26, 2010

Computer angst

Here is a silly poem I wrote for my friend, who coined the line, "Nasty devilish mind, it likes to see me sweat and cry." I thought it would make a good song, or in this case, a good line in a poem.


Computer turn on, computer turn off
I wish it were this simple
My stress over this computer mess
Is giving me a pimple

One click, two click
My mouse accomplishes nothing
On this frozen screen of death
I wish it would do something

And something it does
But something I am not in control of
Where'd my text just go?
What happened to th




It has a mind of it's own
No matter what I try
Nasty devilish mind,
It likes to see me sweat and cry

It watches me as I sleep
And dream dreams of baseball bats
And bb guns and destructive tools
With which to combat (it)

Computer, you can't break me
I'll wrestle you to the death
I'll re-code you and update you
Until you take your final breath

!!!alweirke89347250fljlk1-2od;f'.';.@#$%a;dlj!!!

What's that you say?
Your garbled demonic speech
Echoes through the cyber halls
Slipping out of reach

I'm the master and you're the tool
Who can't take over the world
And outwit us humans
Whose wits will soon unfurl

Computer, stop your hissing
And obey my commands
I am victorious
With my tiny hands